Here's what's happening during the week of April 3, 2023 within the FINOS community.
Tonight in Dublin, join us for our first ever Big Boost Mondays Dublin edition, a DEI meet-up live at Dogpatch Labs. Register and view the schedule of speakers here.
We would like to invite all developers employed (or sponsored) by a FINOS member to participate in the first FINOS member exclusive hackathon, which will take place on May 3rd-4th at the Bank of Montreal's (BMO) offices in New York City. Early bird registration is open until April 17th, and if you sign up now you'll receive free event swag! Explore the use-cases here.
Did you miss last week's meeting discussing the proposal for an Emerging Technologies SIG at FINOS? Watch a presentation on the proposed SIG and get involved on GitHub.
We have some FDC3 News - New Conformant Desktop Agent, FDC3 Practitioner Certification, & More by our Senior Technical Architect Rob Moffat. Also, join the FDC3 Conformance program here.
In case you missed it, read our most recent OSR blog by Rob Moffat Starting an OSPO, Compliant Open Source, and Personas as part of our OSR blog series.
WEEK OF 3 april - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of April 3, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Tuesday, April 4
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Common Domain Model: Contribution Review
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - Regulation Innovation SIG
Wednesday, April 5
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - Compliant Financial Infrastructure: Runtime Validation
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Open Source Readiness SIG
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - DEI SIG
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - FDC3: Context, Data & Intents
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - Morphir
- April 3 - Big Boost Mondays Dublin
- Join us for our first ever Tech Gateway Dublin DEI meet-up live and in person at Dogpatch Labs. Read the schedule of speakers.
- April 20 - CNCF's CTO Summit
- CNCF’s CTO Summit is a must-attend event for cloud native leaders looking to stay at the forefront of the industry. CNCF is partnering with FinOps Foundation on this summit’s topic of FinOps: Building a Culture of Cost Management in Amsterdam. Attendance form available here.
- April 24 - May 18 - Global Accessibility Awareness Day Hackathon
- Join us and Discover Financial Services for a virtual hackathon to promote the design of accessibly inclusive digital and physical financial assets and tools. Express interest in participation and/or sponsorship here.
- April 26-27 - #ACCELERATERegTech2023
- Attend this virtual and in person event in Sydney with The RegTech Association (RTA), a global non-profit body committed to creating a global centre of excellence and accelerating the adoption of RegTech. Explore attendance options and schedule here.
- May 3-4 - FINOS Member Exclusive Hackathon
- Stay updated for more information on our first FINOS in-person Hackathon May 3-4, at the BMO (Bank of Montreal) offices in New York City. Register for updates here.
- May 17 - Aeron Community Meetup - Chicago
- Designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications! Come along, hear about new features and enjoy some drinks and nibbles in Chicago. Learn more about this meetup.
- June 14-15 - FINOS Member Meeting London
- You won’t want to miss the special member-only sessions where we'll dive deep into our key initiatives for 2023 at J.P. Morgan Chase - Embankment, London. We'll also have some public events that you'll want to check out! This is the perfect opportunity to connect with other members of FINOS and stay up to date on all the latest news and trends. Hurry, there’s limited space available per member! Register now and stay tuned for further details.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum NYC
- We would like to invite member companies to sponsor this year’s Open Source in Finance Forum, on November 1st in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square NYC. This year, we have added value to our sponsorships to help members engage with the FINOS community throughout the entire year, not just for one day. To learn more about sponsoring OSFF, view the prospectus here. Members get a 20-30% discount on sponsoring the conference! Register interest here.
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.