Here's what's happening during the week of March 27, 2023 within the FINOS community.
Join us and get involved with the FINOS Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) Hackathon happening between April 24th and May 18th, online. Sponsored by Discover Financial Services, AXA, NearForm and Mural. Find out more information and register here.
We’re delighted to announce that we will be discussing a proposal for the creation of an 'Emerging Technologies' SIG on Wednesday March 29th at 10am ET / 3PM BST. This forum aims to provide an opportunity for FINOS members and the wider fintech community to discuss, collaborate on, and develop new and innovative solutions that can help drive the financial industry forward. Click for more information and the calendar invite.
In our most recent episode of our podcast, we sit down with Todd Lewis of the All Things Open and Open Source 101 conferences to look back at the changes in the open source landscape of running open source conferences over the past 15+ years. We hope you enjoy! Listen here.
In case you missed it, read the most recent blog by our Special Advisor Jim St. Clair Open Source Return on Investment as part of our OSR blog series.
WEEK OF 27 MARCH - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of March 27, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Monday, March 27
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - InnerSource SIG: License
Tuesday, March 28
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Common Domain Model: Collateral
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - Currency Reference Data Project
Wednesday, March 29
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Emerging Technology SIG Proposal
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - DevOps Automation: Backstage
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - FDC3: Web Browsers
- March 27-29 - QCon London
- Join Elspeth Minty, Managing Director at RBC Capital Markets, on March 28 at QCon in London or virtually for a talk on FINOS and Open Source in the Financial Services Industry. View presentation details here.
- March 29 - Future Identity Finance
- In co-location with FTT Lending 3.0, explore how innovation, regulation and customer expectations are changing how we identify ourselves to access financial services. Meet up with our Senior Technical Architect Rob Moffat at this event in London. Click here for ticket options.
- March 29 - Python Executive Forum
- Hosted by Anaconda CEO Peter Wang, attend in the heart of the Financial District of New York City, to learn how the financial industry is leveraging Python in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to drive business outcomes without sacrificing data security in NYC. Click here to register.
- April 3 - Big Boost Mondays Dublin
- Join us for our first ever Tech Gateway Dublin DEI meet-up live and in person at Dogpatch Labs. Read the schedule of speakers.
- April 20 - CNCF's CTO Summit
- CNCF’s CTO Summit is a must-attend event for cloud native leaders looking to stay at the forefront of the industry. CNCF is partnering with FinOps Foundation on this summit’s topic of FinOps: Building a Culture of Cost Management in Amsterdam. Attendance form available here.
- April 24 - May 18 - Global Accessibility Awareness Day Hackathon
- Join us and Discover Financial Services for a virtual hackathon to promote the design of accessibly inclusive digital and physical financial assets and tools. Express interest in participation and/or sponsorship here.
- April 26-27 - #ACCELERATERegTech2023
- Attend this virtual and in person event in Sydney with The RegTech Association (RTA), a global non-profit body committed to creating a global centre of excellence and accelerating the adoption of RegTech. Explore attendance options and schedule here.
- May 3-4 - FINOS Member Exclusive Hackathon
- Stay updated for more information on our first FINOS in-person Hackathon May 3-4, at the BMO (Bank of Montreal) offices in New York City. Register for updates here.
- May 17 - Aeron Community Meetup - Chicago
- Designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications! Come along, hear about new features and enjoy some drinks and nibbles in Chicago. Learn more about this meetup.
- June 14-15 - FINOS Member Meeting London
- Join us in London for an exclusive member meeting at JP Morgan, Embankment London, we’ll send you a calendar invite, and let you know when the Schedule, Keynotes, and special events are online! Register for updates here.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum NYC
- Save the date (and sponsor) our annual OSFF in NYC. The only conference dedicated to driving collaboration and innovation in financial services through open source software and standards. Register interest here.
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.