Here's what's happening during the week of April 11, 2023 within the FINOS community.
We’re delighted to announce that the Call for Papers (CFP) is now open for the Open Source in Finance Forum in New York. The annual conference will take place on November 1st at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square NYC. To submit a proposal or learn more about the event, visit the website here. The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 23rd at 11:59 PM PDT.
If you’re not interested in speaking, we encourage you to consider sponsoring the event. Download the prospectus here for more information and the added benefits. Members get a 20-30% discount on sponsoring the conference!
Early bird registration for our hackathon in NYC at the Bank of Montreal closes soon - open until April 17th! If you sign up now you'll receive free event swag. The hackathon is on May 3rd and 4th, for further information, explore the use-cases here.
In case you missed it, read our most recent Open Source Readiness blog by our Senior Technical Architect Rob Moffat as part of our OSR blog series.
WEEK OF 11 april - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of April 11, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Tuesday, April 11
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Common Domain Model: Structured Products
Wednesday, April 12
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Compliant Financial Infrastructure: All Projects
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - Common Domain Model: Technology Architecture
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Waltz
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - DevOps Automation: Backstage
- April 20 - CNCF's CTO Summit
- CNCF’s CTO Summit is a must-attend event for cloud native leaders looking to stay at the forefront of the industry. CNCF is partnering with FinOps Foundation on this summit’s topic of FinOps: Building a Culture of Cost Management in Amsterdam. Attendance form available here.
- April 24 - Big Boost Mondays - London
- Join us for our next "Big Boost Mondays" event at Red Badger in London! We will be announcing our guests speakers soon. Register here
- April 24 - May 18 - Global Accessibility Awareness Day Hackathon
- Join us and Discover Financial Services for a virtual hackathon to promote the design of accessibly inclusive digital and physical financial assets and tools. Express interest in participation and/or sponsorship here.
- April 26-27 - #ACCELERATERegTech2023
- Attend this virtual and in person event in Sydney with The RegTech Association (RTA), a global non-profit body committed to creating a global centre of excellence and accelerating the adoption of RegTech. Explore attendance options and schedule here.
- May 3-4 - FINOS Interoperability & Regtech Hackathon
- Stay updated for more information on our first FINOS in-person Hackathon May 3-4, at the BMO (Bank of Montreal) offices in New York City. Register for updates here.
- May 17 - Aeron Community Meetup - Chicago
- Designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications! Come along, hear about new features and enjoy some drinks and nibbles in Chicago. Learn more about this meetup.
- June 14-15 - FINOS Member Meeting London
- You won’t want to miss the special member-only sessions where we'll dive deep into our key initiatives for 2023 at J.P. Morgan Chase - Embankment, London. We'll also have some public events that you'll want to check out! This is the perfect opportunity to connect with other members of FINOS and stay up to date on all the latest news and trends. Hurry, there’s limited space available per member! Register now and stay tuned for further details.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum NYC
- We would like to invite member companies to sponsor this year’s Open Source in Finance Forum, on November 1st in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square NYC. This year, we have added value to our sponsorships to help members engage with the FINOS community throughout the entire year, not just for one day. To learn more about sponsoring OSFF, view the prospectus here. Members get a 20-30% discount on sponsoring the conference! Register interest here.
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.