We wanted to thank our FINOS Community for their interest in the NYC version of the Open Source in Finance Forum, either in person, for the keynote livestream, or by reading our thousands of emails.
As advertised, this year's NY conference broke records in registration and attendance, so thank you to our speakers, our sponsors, and all of our attendees!
View the on-demand videos here.
Here's an overview of the announcements in the FINOS ecosystem that came out before and during conference:
The 2022 State of Open Source in Financial Services Report
Straight off the presses - the second and annual installment of the State of Open Source in Financial Services report was launched at OSFF last week. FINOS, along authors from Red Hat, Scott Logic, and the Linux Foundation Research team, brought this report to life in a keynote panel, moderatedby Penny Crosman of American Banker (video coming next week).
- Download the Report
- Press Release
- Banks Grow More Open to Open Source Software - American Banker
- The Future of Finance Belongs to Open Source - ZDNet
FDC3 Conformance Program & App Directory Beta
FINOS is excited to announce the FDC3 Conformance program is ready for version 1.2 of the standard (and nearly complete for the 2.0 version). We announced the first three platforms who are officially certified against the standard at OSFF.
Plus, we announced the beta version of the FDC3 Application Directory - the first, open, free, and public FDC3-2.0 Compliant App Directory! You can browse a growing collection of apps, or you can download FDC3 Sail (which uses this app directory by default) and see how they all interact together.
- Certified FDC3: FINOS Reveals Interop Vendors Compliant with Open Source Standard - Waters Technology (no paywall)
- FDC3 Application Directory Beta - Rob Moffat, Senior Architect, FINOS
- Congratulations to Finsemble, Glue42 and Sail for Becoming the First FDC3 1.2 Certified Desktop Agents - Rob Moffat, Senior Architect, FINOS
- FDC3 Conformance Framework Repo
- FDC3 Application Directory (Beta)
- FDC3 Sail
- FDC3 Website
Open Source Maturity Model Released as Part of Open Source Readiness (OSR)
The Open Source Maturity Model (OSMM) allows you to understand where your organization is on its open source journey.
By answering a series of questions, the OSMM framework evaluates your organization's open source maturity, providing a snapshot of its current stage. This stage is based on your organization's current culture, policies, processes, practices, and resources.
- Open Source Maturity Model Survey
- Open Source Maturity Model Repo
- FINOS Launches The Open Source Maturity Model, an Agile Framework that Compliments the FINOS State of Open Source Survey - James McLeod, Director of Community, FINOS
- Open Source Readiness SIG
Backplane Contributed by NatWest
Desktop Agent bridge, aka 'Backplane', is a component which allows different desktop agents to connect and communicate through websockets. It was contributed by NatWest last month, and announced at OSFF last week.
- Backplane: our new open-source interoperability solution for a better financial desktop experience - NatWest
- Backplane Repo
FINOS Community & Member Awards
The FINOS Ecosystem doesn't exist without the support of its members and community that are formed around our open source projects. Luckily, we get to thank and honor these folks at OSFF. Read more about the awards!
- FINOS Member & Community Awards - 2022 US Edition
- FINOS Members
- FINOS Community Repo
- FINOS Community Website
FINRA "FIRST™" Presented to FINOS Community for Comments
The initiative features:
- FINRA’s development of a regulatory taxonomy, which has been applied (or “tagged”) to a number of frequently viewed FINRA rules;
- The launch of the FINRA Rulebook Search Tool™ - FIRST™ ; and
- The integration of rulebook content via an Application Programming Interface (API)
ICYMI - New FINOS Members Announced From Stage
As a follow up to our new member press release in mid-November, we were able to great our seven new members from stage:
If you haven't already, sign up for updates on OSFF & FINOS here.