For September's Community Spotlight feature, we're excited to highlight the A11y Theme Builder, a project that was contributed by the Discover team during the Global Accessibility Awareness Day Hackathon event. Read more here.
Listen to our most recent podcast episode where Peter Smulovics of Morgan Stanley discusses his upcoming talk at the Open Source in Finance Forum (OSFF) - "Emerging Technologies: The Spacial Computing Panel" & more! Peter is also co-chair of our Open Source Readiness SIG and Zenith Emerging Technologies SIG.
We are running out of sponsorship slots for OSFF! View the sponsorship details here for our annual Open Source in Finance Forum in NYC. Haven't registered yet? FINOS members can take advantage of complimentary passes and discounts. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for your member code. Register now!
Last week's Open Source Readiness update from Rob Moffat overviews a few additional articles ready for review and upcoming item writing for the FINOS / TODO Financial Services Open Source Developer Exam (FSOSD).
WEEK OF 18 September - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of September 18, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Tuesday, September 19Wednesday, September 20
Thursday, September 21
- September 19-21 - Linux Foundation Open Source Summit Europe
- Join us in Bilbao for a conference umbrella, composed of a collection of events covering the most important technologies, topics, and issues affecting open source today. Register for the summit here.
- September 21 - TradingTech: Buy AND Build - The Future of Capital Markets Technology
- Join us in London at Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf to examine the latest changes and innovations in trading technology and explore how technology is being deployed to create an edge in sell side and buy side capital markets financial institutions. Register here.
- September 22 - DTUK: The Circular Economy in Software Engineering
- Join experts from Lloyds Banking Group in Leeds as they discuss how Innersource, Open Source and Green Coding practices contribute to the circular economy by reducing waste, re-work, and CO2 production. Details available here.
- September 26-29 - Grace Hopper Celebration
- Grace Hopper celebration is the largest gathering of women and non-binary technologists in the world. Find out more about the agenda here, which includes a session on the FINOS Legend project, "Lead with Data: Using Goldman Sachs' Open-Sourced Legend Platform to Unlock Sustainability Insights".
- October 5 - Open Source Edinburgh
- Our October meetup, in partnership with Scott Logic, will be hosted at Lloyds Banking Group! The event is taking place as part of the Scottish Fintech Festival in Edinburgh. Learn about Lloyds OSPO journey and real-world examples of open source AI projects. View the agenda and register.
- October 12, 18, & November 16 - Aeron Community Meetup: Autumn Roadshow
- This event series in London, New York, and Chicago is designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications. View the series details.
- October 22-25 - Money 20/20 USA
- This year's Money 20/20 in Las Vegas will focus on stories told through four distinct lenses - vulnerability, defense and offense, chain reactions, and experiences. View the full agenda and register.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum - NYC
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.