Candidacy nominations for the Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) are closing soon! The committee has a number of responsibilities including, shaping and growing the overall landscape of projects, and providing strategic direction to the board. There are currently 2 vacant seats at the TOC and candidacy closes on Monday October 2nd. Learn about the TOC and candidacy nomination process here.
Time is running out on a free FDC3 exam - if you sign up for the Certified FDC3 Practitioner exam before the end of September, you will be eligible to take it for free and receive a certificate and Credly badge issued by the Linux Foundation to share on socials. Interested in a free course on FDC3 basics instead? Take the new Linux Foundation Introduction to FDC3 course.
Last week's Open Source Readiness update from Rob Moffat overviews the importance of learning paths and the FINOS / TODO Financial Services Open Source Developer Exam (FSOSD).
WEEK OF 25 September - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of September 25, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Tuesday, September 26Wednesday, September 27
Thursday, September 28
- September 26-29 - Grace Hopper Celebration
- Grace Hopper celebration is the largest gathering of women and non-binary technologists in the world. Find out more about the agenda here, which includes a session on the FINOS Legend project, "Lead with Data: Using Goldman Sachs' Open-Sourced Legend Platform to Unlock Sustainability Insights".
- October 5 - Open Source Edinburgh
- Our October meetup, in partnership with Scott Logic, will be hosted at Lloyds Banking Group! The event is taking place as part of the Scottish Fintech Festival in Edinburgh. Learn about Lloyds OSPO journey and real-world examples of open source AI projects. View the agenda and register.
- October 12, 18, & November 16 - Aeron Community Meetup: Autumn Roadshow
- This event series in London, New York, and Chicago is designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications. View the series details.
- October 22-25 - Money 20/20 USA
- This year's Money 20/20 in Las Vegas will focus on stories told through four distinct lenses - vulnerability, defense and offense, chain reactions, and experiences. View the full agenda and register.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum - NYC
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.