Here's what's happening during the week of May 1, 2023 within the FINOS community.
We are thrilled to announce the newest addition to the FINOS and Linux Foundation Europe team - Rimma Perelmuter, our VP of Strategic Growth. With Rimma onboard, we are excited to continue driving the growth and adoption of open source in the financial services industry.
As we kick off the month of May, we invite you to join us for a series of events in New York that showcase the power of open source in finance. Meet Rimma and other members of the FINOS team in person in NYC at these events.
Today, May 1st, we invite you to attend our OSinFinance Meetup: FINOS Strategic Initiatives Open House. This event in NYC will provide an opportunity to learn about our strategic initiatives on open regulation, open source readiness, and desktop interoperability (FDC3), and discover how you can contribute to and benefit from these initiatives.
If you're a FINOS bank employee, we invite you to join us for a Banks Only Open Source Roundtable on May 2nd. This roundtable will be held under Chatham House Rule, and whether you attend in person in NYC or virtually on Zoom, you'll have the opportunity to network and share insights with your peers.
Developers won't want to miss our Interoperability and Regtech Hackathon on May 3rd and 4th at the Bank of Montreal in NYC. With registration closing soon, this hackathon offers an exciting opportunity to collaborate with industry experts and showcase your skills. Explore the use-cases here and join us for a weekend of innovation and learning.
WEEK OF 1 May - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of May 1, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Tuesday, May 2
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Common Domain Model: Contribution Review
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - FDC3 General
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - DevOps Automation: Automated Change Deployment
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - Regulation Innovation SIG
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - Compliant Financial Infrastructure: Runtime Validation
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Open Source Readiness SIG
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - DEI SIG
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - FDC3: Context Data & Intents
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - FDC3: Web Browsers
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - Morphir
- May 1 - FINOS Open Source in Finance Meetup - FINOS Strategic Initiative Open House NYC
- Don't miss out on the May 1st OSinFinance Meetup: FINOS Strategic Initiatives Open House! Join us to discover how you can contribute to and reap the rewards of FINOS' strategic initiatives on open regulation, open source readiness, and desktop interoperability (FDC3). Register here to attend.
- May 3-4 - FINOS Interoperability & Regtech Hackathon
- Explore use cases and information on our first FINOS in-person Hackathon May 3-4, at the BMO (Bank of Montreal) offices in New York City. Register for the hackathon here.
- May 11 - Open Source Edinburgh
- We're delighted to be holding our first in-person Open Source Edinburgh event of 2023 in partnership with Scott Logic! . View speakers and register.
- May 15 - Big Boost Mondays - Dublin
- Join us for our next "Big Boost Mondays" event in Dublin at Microsoft! We will be announcing our guests speakers soon. Hear from 3 guest speakers talking about their programs, initiatives and how to find your pathway into tech! Alongside firms sharing their DEI journey, and the importance of building a diverse workforce within the tech industry. Register here.
- May 17 - Aeron Community Meetup - Chicago
- Designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications! Come along, hear about new features and enjoy some drinks and nibbles in Chicago. Learn more about this meetup.
- May 23-25 - Red Hat Summit - Boston
- Join Red Hat at their Summit, May 23-25, in Boston, to try new features and explore the future of open source, hybrid cloud, and automation. View schedule and register here.
- June 14-15 - FINOS Member Meeting London
- You won’t want to miss the special member-only sessions where we'll dive deep into our key initiatives for 2023 at J.P. Morgan Chase - Embankment, London. We'll also have some public events that you'll want to check out! This is the perfect opportunity to connect with other members of FINOS and stay up to date on all the latest news and trends. Hurry, there’s limited space available per member! Register now and stay tuned for further details.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum NYC
- We would like to invite member companies to sponsor this year’s Open Source in Finance Forum, on November 1st in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square NYC. This year, we have added value to our sponsorships to help members engage with the FINOS community throughout the entire year, not just for one day. To learn more about sponsoring OSFF, view the prospectus here. Members get a 20-30% discount on sponsoring the conference! Register interest here.
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.