Here's what's happening during the week of April 24, 2023 within the FINOS community.Join us this week for two fantastic events in London. Today is Big Boost Mondays at Red Badger, featuring three guest speakers sharing insights about DEI programs, initiatives and how to find your pathway into tech. On Wednesday, we'll be holding our first in-person Open Source London event of 2023 at Nomura, where industry experts will discuss critical topics such as data standardisation for capital markets and how to be a good corporate citizen.
If you can't make it to London this week, don't worry! We have you covered on Wednesday with #ACCELERATERegTech2023. Join this RegTech Association event virtually and hear from our COO Jane Gavrosnky. Additionally, we are offering daily office hours with our Director of Community James McLeod.
For those in New York, we have exciting events coming up in early May. On May 1st join us for our OSinFinance Meetup: FINOS Strategic Initiatives Open House. Discover how you can contribute to and reap the rewards of FINOS' strategic initiatives on open regulation, open source readiness, and desktop interoperability (FDC3). Also, registration for our Interoperability and Regtech Hackathon in NYC at the Bank of Montreal closes soon. The hackathon is on May 3rd and 4th and offers an excellent opportunity for developers to showcase their skills and collaborate with industry experts. Explore the use-cases here.
For this month’s Community Spotlight feature, we're excited to highlight the efforts and achievements of the Zenith proposed SIG group co-chairs. Peter Smulovics of Morgan Stanley and FINOS Co-Chair of the Open Source Readiness SIG, Keith O'Donnell of Feynic Technology, and Patrick Downing of Morgan Stanley.
WEEK OF 24 april - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of April 24, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Monday, April 24
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - InnerSource SIG: License
Tuesday, April 25
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Common Domain Model: Collateral
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - Financial Objects SIG
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - FDC3: Desktop Agent Bridging
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Compliant Financial Infrastructure: Reproducible Infrastructure
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - FDC3: Standard
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - DevOps Automation SIG: Backstage
- April 24 - Big Boost Mondays - London
- Join us for our next "Big Boost Mondays" event at Red Badger in London! We will be announcing our guests speakers soon. Register here.
- April 26 - Open Source London
- We're delighted to be holding our first in-person Open Source London event of 2023 in partnership with Scott Logic at Nomura, who have kindly offered to host the event! Read about the speakers here and register.
- April 26-27 - #ACCELERATERegTech2023
- Attend this virtual and in person event in Sydney with The RegTech Association (RTA), a global non-profit body committed to creating a global centre of excellence and accelerating the adoption of RegTech. Explore attendance options and schedule here.
- May 1 - FINOS Open Source in Finance Meetup - FINOS Strategic Initiative Open House NYC
- Don't miss out on the May 1st OSinFinance Meetup: FINOS Strategic Initiatives Open House! Join us to discover how you can contribute to and reap the rewards of FINOS' strategic initiatives on open regulation, open source readiness, and desktop interoperability (FDC3). Register here to attend.
- May 3-4 - FINOS Interoperability & Regtech Hackathon
- Explore use cases and information on our first FINOS in-person Hackathon May 3-4, at the BMO (Bank of Montreal) offices in New York City. Register for the hackathon here.
- May 15 - Big Boost Mondays - Dublin
- Join us for our next "Big Boost Mondays" event in Dublin at Microsoft! We will be announcing our guests speakers soon. Hear from 3 guest speakers talking about their programs, initiatives and how to find your pathway into tech! Alongside firms sharing their DEI journey, and the importance of building a diverse workforce within the tech industry. Register here.
- May 17 - Aeron Community Meetup - Chicago
- Designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications! Come along, hear about new features and enjoy some drinks and nibbles in Chicago. Learn more about this meetup.
- May 23-25 - Red Hat Summit - Boston
- Join Red Hat at their Summit, May 23-25, in Boston, to try new features and explore the future of open source, hybrid cloud, and automation. View schedule and register here.
- June 14-15 - FINOS Member Meeting London
- You won’t want to miss the special member-only sessions where we'll dive deep into our key initiatives for 2023 at J.P. Morgan Chase - Embankment, London. We'll also have some public events that you'll want to check out! This is the perfect opportunity to connect with other members of FINOS and stay up to date on all the latest news and trends. Hurry, there’s limited space available per member! Register now and stay tuned for further details.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum NYC
- We would like to invite member companies to sponsor this year’s Open Source in Finance Forum, on November 1st in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square NYC. This year, we have added value to our sponsorships to help members engage with the FINOS community throughout the entire year, not just for one day. To learn more about sponsoring OSFF, view the prospectus here. Members get a 20-30% discount on sponsoring the conference! Register interest here.
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.