On July 19th 2023, the Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) became an official body of the FINOS charter. This group has a number of responsibilities including, shaping and growing the overall landscape of projects, and providing strategic direction to the board. There are currently 2 vacant seats at the TOC and today we’re announcing the opening for candidacies, starting on Monday 18th of September and closing on Monday 2nd of October.
If you’re either an active contributor of a FINOS project or an employee of a (FINOS) member organization, you can follow these simple steps to submit your candidacy:
- Review TOC responsibilities and ways of working; feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Open a Github issue on https://github.com/finos/technical-oversight-committee/issues with the following information:
- Title: [TOC Candidacy] <full name of the candidate>
- Affiliation: <name of the company you work for ; if not applicable, type “Independent”>
- Reasons for candidacy: <member OR active contributor of project x,y,z or both>
- Monday 18 September - candidacy opens
- Monday 2 October - candidacy closes
- Monday 9 October - voting opens
- Friday 13 October - voting closes
- Monday 16 October - new TOC members are announced
Author: Maurizio Pillitu
Interested in this FINOS open source project, or any of our other projects? Click the link below to see how to get involved in the FINOS Community.