Here's what's happening in the week of May 17th, 2021 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
It's an active week at FINOS as both Cloud Service Certification and the DevOps Mutualization SIG shape how the FSI engages the provision of cloud services and learn about JPMC's DevOps approach. Join CSC teams on Monday 17th May @ 8:30am ET / 1:30pm BST to review AWS EKS - Terraform and Tuesday 18th May @ 10am ET / 3pm BST to review Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Service Approval Accelerator.
At FINOS, we always welcome new collaborators to foundation projects and SIGs. Please take a look at the FINOS Project and SIG Landscape and FINOS Community Calendar to find out what's going on and get involved. Feel free to email email@example.com if you need help or have any questions. You can also join the FINOS team and the FINOS community on the FINOS Community Slack.
- 8:30am ET / 1:30pm BST. Cloud Service Certification PR Review : EKS - Terraform #113
Tuesday, May 18th
- 9am ET / 2pm BST. WebAssembly Throughout the Stack
- Join Colin Ederhardt, Scott Logic CTO and FINOS Board Member, for this online track as Colin and a host of technology mentors and coaches explore the full range of applications WebAssembly has to offer and consider where this technology will take us in the future.
- Register for WebAssembly Throughout the Stack
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. Cloud Service Certification PR Review : Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Service Approval Accelerator #97
- Join Joe Giordano from Red Hat on Tuesday May 18th @ 3pm BST / 10am ET as he takes Cloud Service Certification through pull request Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Service Approval Accelerator #97 prior to the Red Hat contribution being merged. Your feedback and contribution is welcome.
- Join the review on Zoom | Agenda
- 12pm ET / 3pm BST. Regulation Innovation SIG (off-schedule meeting): "Regulatory Taxonomy and Ontology Development"
- The FINOS Regulation Innovation SIG is hosting a discussion about the proposal of a "Regulatory Taxonomy and Ontology Development" project
- Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda
Wednesday, May 19th
- No FINOS project/ SIG meetings planned.
Thursday, May 20th
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST. DevOps Mutualization SIG
- JP Morgan Chase joins DevOp Mutualization to take the SIG through their DevOps engineering approach whilst the SIG also proposes a working group for aligning and documenting how banks are enabling automated change deployment. This is concluded with an update on the SIG's use of GitHub Team Discussions for private asynchronous communication.
- Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda
- No FINOS project/SIG meetings planned.
- May 26 UK Open Source in Fintech Series: "Software heritage & the FINOS Morphir project"
- Join us for two talks about exploring open source responses to rapid technological change. Hear from Roberto Di Cosmo, Director, Software Heritage, Stephen Goldbaum, Executive Director – Corporate and Funding Technology, Morgan Stanley, and Attila Mihaly, Software Engineer (VP), Morgan Stanley.
- Register here for "Software heritage & the FINOS Morphir project"
Have a great week and please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.