Today at FINOS we're super excited as Gabriele Columbro, FINOS Executive Director, takes to the virtual stage to kick off The Linux Foundation Open Source Summit on Monday 29th June at 10:30am ET / 3:30pm BST with his FINOS Opening Keynote on Open Source in Financial Services.
Open Source Summit has been taken online due to covid-19 safety concerns and is the leading conference for developers, architects, and other technologists – as well as open source community and industry leaders – to collaborate, share information, learn about the latest technologies and gain a competitive advantage by using innovative open solutions.
Register here for Open Source Summit and join Gabriele Columbro for his opening keynote and to experience an event where The Linux Foundation has taken thoughtful actions to create an immersive digital experience that provides you with a full schedule of interactive content and collaboration experiences.
- No project meetings scheduled.
Tuesday, June 30th
- No project meetings scheduled.
Wednesday, July 1st
- 11am ET / 4pm BST FINOS [virtual] Meetup: Danese Cooper of Nearform
- Topic: Debunking Common Fears about Open Source
- Register here for "Debunking Common Fears about Open Source"
- 11am ET / 4pm BST Jonathan Haggarty, Head of Open Banking Technology at NatWest
- Open Source Fintech Meetup - Topic: Open Banking, Our Journey
- In the space of two years, NatWest has gone from having 0 APIs to serving 10s of millions of hits every month, thanks to the 100s of software development companies that can now integrate with them. The scale of achievement is matched by the scale of the challenge involved in getting there – Jonathan and his team had to enable ten brands, influence the wider ecosystem, and encourage parts of the bank to change their ingrained mindsets. Join this webinar to get some insight into the challenges faced both by NatWest’s technical teams and the wider business – and how Jonathan's team led NatWest’s move from operating a closed shop to building an API Platform on common standards for the wider fintech community.
- Register here for "Open Banking, Our Journey"
Friday, July 3rd
- US Holiday, FINOS offices closed.
- OpenUK 2020 FINOS Award – Outstanding Contribution to Accelerating Open Source in Finance - Submit your entry here at the OpenUK Awards
- We’re really excited to announce we are partnering with FINOS to be able to showcase the best in open source financial projects. This Award will be given in recognition of an “Outstanding Contribution to Accelerating Open Source in Finance and Fintech” and will cover a company or project. Like the other OpenUK Awards, full details and an entry form for those interested is at https://openuk.uk/awards/.
- Submissions must be for open source – defined as openly licensed projects using an OSI approved licence, standards, or collaborative initiatives of any size that help further the use and adoption of open source – and solve common challenges or explore new opportunities for collaboration in the financial services industry.
- Nominations open until midnight UTC 30 June 2020
- July 9 Financial Services: Future Proofing your Digital Transformation Strategy, by FINOS Member Cloudbees
- October 16 Empire Startups NY Fintech Conference
- New World Stages, 340 W 50th St, New York, NY 10019 [Map]
- September 30 - October 2 Boston Fintech Week
- Boston, MA. Venue TBD.
Have a great week and please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.