Here's what's happening in the week of June 22nd, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, June 22nd
- No project meetings scheduled.
Tuesday, June 23rd
Wednesday, June 24th
FINOS [virtual] Meetups:
- July 2 Jonathan Haggarty, Head of Open Banking Technology at NatWest
- Topic: Open Banking, our Journey
- In the space of two years, NatWest has gone from having 0 APIs to serving 10s of millions of hits every month, thanks to the 100s of software development companies that can now integrate with them. The scale of achievement is matched by the scale of the challenge involved in getting there – Jonathan and his team had to enable ten brands, influence the wider ecosystem, and encourage parts of the bank to change their ingrained mindsets. Join this webinar to get some insight into the challenges faced both by NatWest’s technical teams and the wider business – and how Jonathan's team led NatWest’s move from operating a closed shop to building an API Platform on common standards for the wider fintech community.
- Register here
- October 16 Empire Startups NY Fintech Conference
- New World Stages, 340 W 50th St, New York, NY 10019 [Map]
- September 30 - October 2 Boston Fintech Week
- Boston, MA. Venue TBD.
Have a great week and please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.