Here's what's happening in the week of January 11th, 2021 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, January 11th
- No FINOS project meetings planned.
Tuesday, January 12th
- January 13 InnerSource Commons at FINOS Open Source Readiness
- Join the InnerSource Commons team as they introduce the FINOS community to Aaron Searle, Engineering Vice President at Morgan Stanley and Russ Rutledge, Director of Community at Nike. During this session we learn how Aaron applies open source concepts inside Morgan Stanley to increase engineering engagement and how Russ guides InnerSource processes and tools at Nike to encourage and foster cross-team and community development. Please find call details below.
- Calendar invite | Webex | Confluence Page
Thursday, January 14th
Friday, January 15th
- January 27 FINOS All Community Call
- Please join us for our 2021 Q1 All Community Call on January 27th at 10am ET / 3pm GMT to hear about the direction of the Foundation in 2021 along with key focus areas.
- You can see agenda topics and even suggest new ones directly at github.com/finos/community/
issues/88. Some of the items we’ll be covering include:
- Feedback from the Q1 FINOS Governing Board meeting
- 2021 focus areas, initiatives and events
- Project and community plans
- Save the date (Registration details to follow)
- February 9 RegTech Live
- Join RegTech Live 2021 to discuss the latest developments in regulatory technology - assessing the impact of COVID-19 on the sector, looking into the challenges of remote working, increased demand for online and mobile services, as well as the heightened cyber security threat. FINOS ED Gab Columbro and COO Tosha Ellison will be speaking at this event.
- Register here