From the Organizer:
"Hello BlockchainNYC.org members! As you know we are the biggest NYC blockchain community, and we are always striving to improve and bring you the best and the latest events, insights and news on blockchain.
We’re very excited to announce a new event on July 18, Banking On Blockchain: Exploring Decentralization [Expert Panel]!
Of all of the industries that experts believe will be disrupted by blockchain technology, banking is one of the leading points of interest.
Facebook just announced Project Libra, aiming to shake up the world of payments with crypto. With potential to disrupt entire payment industry.Our panel will discuss what the future holds for Facebook's foray into cryptocurrency."
"The concept of decentralized banking is potentially game changing and we have front-row seats for you to this debate. This year, we are closer than ever to this reality. There are a number of decentralized exchanges that are live right now, and you can use them any time.
- But what are the next steps?
- What areas can we, as the blockchain community, impact
- What challenges will blockchain face when trying to disrupt this industry?
- This is very disruptive to centralized exchanges, so is it possible for stock exchanges to adopt the same philosophy?
- Is Ai next for decentralized exchanges and in what shape
- Facebook announces Project Libra. Our experts weigh in on its possibilities as a payment network. What could it mean for businesses? Will it replace PayPal as a global payment method?
Speaker and sponsorship announcements will be coming soon, followed closely by a limited amount of Early Bird tickets (space is limited), so keep your eyes peeled."
General Assembly New York
10 East 21st Street
New York, NY 10010