As the FINOS community heads towards New York City, this can only mean there's a couple of days until the Open Source Strategy Forum on 20th November. With talks from industry leads including Bjarne Stroustrup, Creator of C++ and Morgan Stanley Managing Director, Kathy Kam, Head of Open Source at Facebook and Chris Wright, CTO of Red Hat, now is not the time to miss out!
If you've still not registered for what promises to be a phenomenal FINOS event, you can still get one of the few remaining seats by visiting https://
With the end of the first year of the FDC3 1.0 standards approaching, we’re asking for feedback on how well FDC3 is addressing the needs of financial organizations, how we can help you with adoption, and the health of the FDC3 contributor community.
Your input will help us improve our support for your organization and the larger FDC3 community. Please take a few minutes to complete the FDC3 Survey.
New Feature Alert : Enhanced vulnerability scanning is coming to FINOS project repositories soon! To learn more about what's coming and find out more about the roll-out, and to additionally read up on the related Responsible Disclosure Forms check out FINOS Responsible Disclosure for Security Vulnerabilities
Are you an early or growth-stage fintech with innovative solutions for financial institutions and insurance companies? Growth-stage tech company with a product appropriate for financial services? Applications are open to the The New York Fintech Innovation Lab, run by the Partnership for New York City and Accenture. Alumni of this program include FINOS members such as OpenFin.
To learn more and apply go to https://www.
And now, here's what's happening in the week of November 18 2019 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Tuesday, November 19th
- [external event] November 19 Benzinga Fintech Awards
Wednesday, November 20th
Thursday, November 21st
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. Cloud Service Certification Project (FDX Program)
Friday, November 22nd
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST FINOS Office Hours (new!)
- A place for all FINOS members and contributors to hang out and ask us anything.
- Join the Community WebEx
- November 28 React London - Bring Your Own Project - Banking and FinTech Themed
- Fora Spitalfields, 35-41 Folgate Street, E1 6BX [Map]
- December 9 Open Fintech (linux foundation)
- Convene Conference Center at One Liberty Plaza, 1 Liberty Street New York NY 10006 [Map]
Get Involved. Opportunities for further participation and contribution:
- The Decentralized Ecosystem Growth Program is looking for suggested potential use cases of the Token Taxonomy Initiative (i.e. uses of standardized token definitions) to help that program further evaluate how the FINOS community might get involved in that initiative.Take a look at the initiative's launch press release and website for more information and background. To find out more send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Financial Objects Program is looking for suggestions of proposed use cases for financial objects. Send suggestions to email@example.com.
- The Open Source Readiness WG is looking for open source process, policy, and governance questions & topics for future meetings. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Security Reference Data WG (Data Technologies Program) is looking for existing challenges related to managing Security Reference Data. Send suggestions to email@example.com
- The Cloud Service Certification Project has defined Volunteer Roles for those who would like to participate. Reach out to fdx-cloud-service-
firstname.lastname@example.org you're interested.
- The Call Metadata Standardization WG is developing a standard proposal for call recording metadata that includes call details, voice recordings, and transcribed voice, and is looking for contributors and call examples to validate the standard. Check out the list of Help Wanted issues.
See you on Wednesday at the FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum!