Here's what's happening in the week of April 20th, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
- 11am EDT / 4pm BST. Financial Objects PMC Call (Financial Objects Program)
Tuesday, April 21st
- No programs activities planned
- No programs activities planned
Thursday, April 23rd
- 10am EDT / 3pm BST. Cloud Service Certification Project (FDX Program)
- 11am EDT / 4pm BST. Data Technologies PMC Call (Data Technologies Program)
FINOS [virtual] Meetups:
Wednesday, April 29th
- 11am EDT / 4pm BST. Heiko Sundermann, of FINOS member EPAM
- Topic: EPAM GLUE Project, developing a unified entity and data model for the Buy-Side
- Buy-side firms are under enormous pressure not to miss out on the digitalisation wave. Changing client demands, regulatory pressure and the rapid adoption of structured quantitative investment management approaches are fueling investment into digitalization and data driven Asset & Wealth Management. But Buy-side firms face challenges including legacy infrastructure and inappropriate data storage. Open API architectures and traditional data-warehousing approaches are not always easy to adopt or are not suited to meeting high-performance requirements. EPAM have created an investment management eco-system delivering a comprehensive set of components, the foundation of which is EPAM GLUE, a unified entity and data model serving as a common semantic layer to all components. EPAM GLUE provides the flexibility to model hierarchical data structures as well as complex legal entity structures. Concurrently it addresses the problems of data-security, auditability and privacy minimizing integration costs and implementation risks. EPAM is keen to open-source this approach and contribute it to the FINOS community to develop it further and extend it with more data-entities. This session will give a general introduction and dive into the core modelling concept of EPAM GLUE.
- Register here
Wednesday, May 13th
- 11am EDT / 4pm BST. Stephen Murphy, CEO of new FINOS member Genesis
- Topic: Open Source Technology to build and constantly evolve a Low Code Application Platform
- Genesis will be presenting how they used a variety of Open Source technologies to build a Low Code Application Platform (LCAP) for Capital Markets and some key Open Source technologies used within their LCAP. They will also talk about some of the future Open Source technologies as well as FINOS initiatives that they are contributing towards to help drive standards and re-use across our industry. These initiatives includes such as Financial Objects and FDC3.
- Registration details to follow on this page
- May 1 Open Collective Virtual Funding Event
- Join Indeed, the Open Source Collective, and others as we come together at the first FOSS Responders Virtual Funding Event.
- FOSS Funders will come together on May 1, 2020 to distribute funds to free and open source event organizers who have had to cancel their events due to COVID-19. If you want to participate as a FOSS Funder, please email foss-responders@
- If you are a conference or event organizer who serves the free and open source software community, and you have experienced financial losses due to COVID-19 related conference cancellations, please apply for support
- Attendance is by invitation only.
Have a great week and please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.