Here's what’s happening the week of July 22nd, 2019 within the FINOS community:
Monday July 22nd
Tuesday, July 23rd
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. Security Reference Data WG (Data Technologies Program)
Wednesday, July 24th
- 10am ET/ 3pm BST. FINOS Open Source Readiness WG (OSR Program)
- James Vasile of Open Tech Strategies will discuss the considerations that go into onboarding a new open source component into a software product, including evaluating: the license and other legal considerations; the health and sustainability of the open source community around the project; and what support options are available (and desirable) depending on the use case.
- Calendar Invite | Webex | WG Confluence Wiki Page
Thursday, July 25th
- 12pm ET/ 5pm BST. Financial Objects WG (FO Program)
- [external event] Webinar: Artificial Intelligence on the Trading Desk by Greenwich Analytics & GreenKey Technologies
Friday, July 26th
- August 6 Two Sigma Open Source Meetup
- 101 Avenue of the Americas (6th ave between Watt and Grand), 23rd floor, NY [Map]
- October 13-15 All Things Open
- Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601 [Map]
- Mid November FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum
Opportunities for further participation and contribution.
- The Financial Objects Program is looking for suggestions of proposed use cases for financial objects. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Open Source Readiness WG is looking for open source process, policy, and governance questions & topics for future meetings. Send suggestions to email@example.com.
- The Security Reference Data WG (Data Technologies Program) is looking for existing challenges related to managing Security Reference Data. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org