Here's what's happening in the week of November 2nd, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
As the time zones settle between the US and UK, the FINOS team has double checked our meeting times to make sure you arrive on your calls at the right time. For those who like to plan your meeting attendance in advance, please find a couple of helpful links to the FINOS Project Calendar in EST and FINOS Project Calendar in GMT.
Wednesday, November 4th
Thursday, November 5th
Friday, November 6th
- No project meetings planned.
- November 12-13 Open Source Strategy Forum
- Open Source Strategy Forum (OSSF) is the only conference dedicated to driving collaboration and innovation in financial services through open source software and standards. We bring together experts across financial services, technology, and open source to engage our community in stimulating and thought-provoking conversations about how to best (and safely) leverage open source software to solve industry challenges.
- Register here for Open Source Strategy Forum
- November 16-18 CB Insights Future of Fintech
- With financial services bracing for uncertain times, forecasts of a recession and a drop in funding, the Future of Fintech will address today’s most pressing challenges and identify what’s next for the industry.
- Register here for CB Insights Future of Fintech
- November 17 FinJS at Home
- November 17-19 The Crux Summit: Fall 2020
- FINOS Executive Director, Gabriele Columbro will be speaking on Wednesday, November 18th at 10am ET / 3pm GMT on a panel titled "Build, Buy, and SaaS | Evaluating the Different Data Management Paths" .
- Register here for The Crux Summit: Fall 2020
- November 19 FINOS Open Source in Fintech Event Series - UK
- On Thursday November 19th, join Tobie Langel for 'Recruit, Retain, Foster' – the latest in the FINOS Open Source in Fintech Event Series organised with Scott Logic. Tobie will explain how building a strong OS culture is your key to top software engineering talent.
- Register for Tobie Langel at FINOS Open Source in Fintech Event Series - UK
- November 25 FINOS Open Source in Fintech Event Series - APAC
- Join FINOS for our first APAC meetup on Wednesday November 25th to learn how FINOS guides key technology innovations in banking globally with an introduction to FINOS and FDC3 with James McLeod of FINOS, Riko Eksteen of Adaptive and Kris West of Cosaic. Organised by Andrew King of Suite2Go, this is the first meetup in a series aimed at building the FINOS community in the APAC region.
- Registration coming soon on FINOS News and Events!
- December 1 Open Compliance Summit
- Open Compliance Summit provides a neutral environment for participants from different companies and market segments to exchange compliance best practices, processes, policies and reference resources; explore the implementation and management of internal compliance programs; and to discuss effective strategies for managing compliance relationships with customers and suppliers
- Register here for Open Compliance Summit
- December 16-18 Open Core Summit Digital
- The Second Annual Global COSS (Commercial Open-Source) Ecosystem Conference: join this year from the comfort of your home, online! FINOS Executive Director Gabriele Columbro will be speaking at this event.
- Register here for Open Core Summit Digital
Have a great week and please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.