Here's what's happening in the week of August 17th, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, August 17th
- No project meetings planned.
Tuesday, August 18th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. Security Reference Data Project
- The security reference data working group has put together a proposal, with input from several different organizations, to develop an open source cloud-based solution to map securities and issuer IDs. Doing this once collaboratively has the potential to significantly reduce the costs and effort of maintaining this individually.
- Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda
Wednesday, August 19th
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. Open Source Readiness Project
- Join us for a guest Presentation by Nithya Ruff, Head, Open Source Readiness Office at Comcast on "Why Your OSPO Needs to Invest in More than Compliance"
- Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda
Thursday, August 20th
- September 10 FINOS All Community Call
- Please register and join us for the Q3 All Community Call on September 10th at 11am ET / 4pm BST to hear about FINOS projects, upcoming events, new initiatives and lots of ways to engage with the FINOS community.
- You can see agenda topics and even suggest new ones directly at https://github.com/finos/
community/issues/53. Some of the items we’ll be covering include:
- An update on Q3 focus projects
- Walkthrough of our new governance
- Top tips on key tools and processes for FINOS project maintainers
- Discussion on community key performance indicators (KPIs) We look forward to speaking with you!
- Register for the FINOS All Community Call
- August 26 FINOS [virtual] Meetup: The unexpected story of Nearform: from OSS Mavericks to launching thee world's most successful Covid-19 Contact Tracing App
- Guest Speakers Ger O’Shaughnessy & Conor O’Neill of FINOS member Nearform, will give a short introduction to what NearForm does and then they will dive into some of their valuable OSS work, leading up to their most recent project, Polaris; as well as the launch of the world’s most successful Covid-19 Contact Tracing App.
- Register for the unexpected story of NearForm: from OSS Mavericks to launching thee world's most successful Covid-19 Contact Tracing App
- October 20 OpenUK Awards
- The First Edition of the OpenUK Awards is being held on 20 October 2020, online, 6pm and celebrates Open Technology, being Open Source Software, Open Source hardware and Open Data with 6 Awards.
- [SAVE THE DATE] November 12-13 Open Source Strategy Forum
- Open Source Strategy Forum (OSSF) is the only conference dedicated to driving collaboration and innovation in financial services through open source software and standards. We bring together experts across financial services, technology, and open source to engage our community in stimulating and thought-provoking conversations about how to best (and safely) leverage open source software to solve industry challenges.
- Call For Proposals: Submit your Open Source Strategy Forum Virtual 2020 Proposal Here by end of August
- Register now to attend the virtual FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum
- April 14 2021 Empire Startups NY Fintech Conference
- New World Stages, 340 W 50th St, New York, NY 10019 [Map]
- Riko Eksteen of FINOS member Adaptive is looking to put together a workshop on the topic of building applications using FDC3, especially to help "train engineers and business stakeholders to understand why FDC3 matters, and to realise its potential." If you are interested in learning more, reach out to Riko at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week and please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.