Here's what's happening the week of November 11, 2019 within the FINOS community.
Only a week and a half to go until the FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum in New York - November 20th!
Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday November 11th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. Financial Objects PMC Call (Financial Objects Program)
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. kdb+ Project Call (Data Technologies Program)
Tuesday, November 12th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. Security Reference Data WG Meeting (Data Technologies Program)
Wednesday, November 13th
- No program activities planned.
- [external event] FinTech Talents (Day 3 of 3)
- Printworks London, Surrey Quays Rd, Rotherhithe, London SE16 7PJ [Map]
Thursday, November 14th
Friday, November 15th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. Plexus Desktop Interop API Project (Plexus Program)
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST FINOS Office Hours (new!)
- A place for all FINOS members and contributors to hang out and ask us anything.
- Join the Community WebEx
- November 16 New Technologies in Finance
- Alfred Lerner Hall, Columbia University, 2920 Broadway, Room 555 New York, NY 10027 [Map]
- November 16 Google DevFest London
- November 19 Benzinga Fintech Awards
- November 20 FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum (OSSF)
- November 28 React London - Bring Your Own Project - Banking and FinTech Themed
- Fora Spitalfields, 35-41 Folgate Street, E1 6BX [Map]
- December 9 Open Fintech (Linux foundation)
- Convene Conference Center at One Liberty Plaza, 1 Liberty Street New York NY 10006 [Map]
Get Involved. Opportunities for further participation and contribution:
- The Decentralized Ecosystem Growth Program is looking for suggested potential use cases of the Token Taxonomy Initiative (i.e. uses of standardized token definitions) to help that program further evaluate how the FINOS community might get involved in that initiative.Take a look at the initiative's launch press release and website for more information and background. To find out more send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ChartIQ has announced its intent to contribute its "Secure Electron Adaptor". Review and provide and feedback directly in JIRA on CONTRIB-52. Into which program this contribution would come is still TBD; one possibility is Plexus.
- The Financial Objects Program is looking for suggestions of proposed use cases for financial objects. Send suggestions to email@example.com.
- The Open Source Readiness WG is looking for open source process, policy, and governance questions & topics for future meetings. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Security Reference Data WG (Data Technologies Program) is looking for existing challenges related to managing Security Reference Data. Send suggestions to email@example.com
- The Cloud Service Certification Project has defined Volunteer Roles for those who would like to participate. Reach out to fdx-cloud-service-
firstname.lastname@example.org you're interested.
- The Call Metadata Standardization WG is developing a standard proposal for call recording metadata that includes call details, voice recordings, and transcribed voice, and is looking for contributors and call examples to validate the standard. Check out the list of Help Wanted issues.