In just one week the FINOS Community meets in London for the first FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum of 2021. Register now and join the FINOS Community on Monday 4th October for the FINOS Member Meeting and Tuesday 5th October for our flagship OSSF Conference.
FINOS Member Meeting, London is extremely exciting with talks and discussion from FINOS Projects and SIGs like “Introducing future Morphir features and prioritizing with the FINOS community”, led by Attila Mihaly from Morgan Stanley and “Exploring cloud banking platform priorities and challenges”, led by Peter Thomas from Deutsche Bank, plus much more.
Register for OSSF London on 5th October and join Nick Cook - AIR Head of Global Strategy and Strategy, Liz Rice - Chief Open Source Officer, Isovalent & Chair, Technical Oversight Committee, CNCF and Traci Robinson-Williams - GitLab Head of Marketing Insights and Russell Green, Managing Director Deutsche Bank, and many more ...!
Just to note, FINOS Member Meetings are for FINOS members only, and FINOS member employees are eligible to receive complimentary registration as part of their company membership. Please email email@example.com to request your access code, or Register Now for the FINOS Member Meeting if you already have your member access code.
Vote for Gabriele Columbro, FINOS Executive Director, as Most Impactful Fintech Executive for the Benzinga Annual Global Fintech Awards!
Here's what's happening in the week of September 27th, 2021 within the FINOS community. Please forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, September 27th
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. FINOS InnerSource Special Interest Group
Tuesday, September 28th
Wednesday, September 29th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. FINOS Office Hours - Your FINOS Questions Answered
Thursday, September 30th
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. FDC3 Channels, Feeds & Transactions Discussion group
- There are currently 11 open issues in the FDC3 repository, under consideration for the 2.0 release, that relate to the existing concept of channels (both the 'system channels' used via the desktop agent API, and 'app channels' interacted with through the Channels API) and new concepts we've discussed introducing: transactions (a standardized way to make a request and receive a response back) and feeds (a standardized way to request a stream of data, such as a pricing stream).
- Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda
Friday, September 31st
- No project or SIG meetings planned for today.
- Sept 28th to Oct 1st : Boston FinTech Week
- Hosted by FinTech Sandbox, in its fourth edition in 2021, Boston FinTech Week will explore the theme of “Financial Services for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime.”
- The agenda will address topics, services, business models and technologies that meet the needs of people and the industry today – mobile, real-time, decentralized, and socially inclusive. The event will touch on the current state of fintech, as well as what the future holds.
- Learn more about Boston FinTech Week and register
- Sept 27th to 30th : Linux Foundation Open Source Summit, North America
- Open Source Summit connects the open source ecosystem under one roof. It’s a unique environment for cross-collaboration between developers, sysadmins, devops, architects and others who are driving technology forward.
- Learn more about Open Source Summit, North America
- Sept 20th to Oct 1st : Leeds Digital Festival, UK
- Leeds Digital Festival returns this Autumn for a two-week open-platform celebration of digital culture. Whether you’re interested in coding, fintech, AI, healthtech, data, start-ups or cyber security, we’ve got something for you.
- Find out more about Leeds Digital Festival, UK
- Sept 28th to Sept 30th : DevOps World - FINOS DevOps Mutualization Special Interest Group Panel Discussion
- James McLeod, Director of Community at FINOS will lead this panel discussion with Amol Shukla from Morgan Stanley and Eduardo Ferreira Dos Santos from Itaú Unibanco. How DevOps mutualization unites subject matter experts from across Engineering, IT, Compliance, Security and Audit to solve common financial services DevOps problems.
- Find out more about the DevOps World - FINOS DevOps Mutualization Special Interest Group Panel Discussion
- Sept 29th : Open Source Leeds, UK
- Open Source Leeds, UK is a new meetup group dedicated to promoting the use of open source in large enterprises, run in partnership by FINOS and Scott Logic.
- The event will be run as a hybrid event as part of Leeds Digital Festival, so you can register to attend in person or you can register to watch the live stream.
- Oct 4th and 5th : FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum and Member Meetings London
- Open Source Strategy Forum, London is the only conference dedicated to driving collaboration and innovation in financial services through open source software and standards.
- Register here for OSSF and FINOS Member Meetings London
- Nov 9th and 10th : FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum and Member Meetings NYC
- At OSSF NY, FINOS brings together experts across financial services, technology, and open source to engage our community in stimulating and thought-provoking conversations about how to best (and safely) leverage open source software to solve industry challenges..
- Register here for OSSF and FINOS Member Meetings New York
Have a great week and please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.