Here's what's happening in the week of September 14th, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, September 14th
Tuesday, September 15th
- [external event] InnerSource Commons Fall 2020 Virtual Summit - North America (Day 1 of 2)
- Join us September 15th and 16th at the InnerSource Commons Fall 2020 Virtual Summit - North America. Tim O’Reilly (Founder, CEO, and Chairman of O’Reilly Media) has been confirmed as a keynote speaker for this summit, and will join Danese Cooper (VP of Special Initiatives at NearForm), James McLeod (Director of Community at FINOS, Martin Woodward (Director of Developer Relations at GitHub), and Silona Bonewald (Executive Director at IEEE SA Open) in the keynote sessions.
- Register here | Agenda
Wednesday, September 16th
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. Open Source Readiness project
- [external event] InnerSource Commons Fall 2020 Virtual Summit - North America (Day 2 of 2)
Thursday, September 17th
- No project meetings planned.
- November 4-6 Open Core Summit Digital
- The Second Annual Global COSS (Commercial Open-Source) Ecosystem Conference: join this year from the comfort of your home, online! FINOS Executive Director Gabriele Columbro will be speaking at this event.
- Register here for free
- November 12-13 Open Source Strategy Forum
- Open Source Strategy Forum (OSSF) is the only conference dedicated to driving collaboration and innovation in financial services through open source software and standards. We bring together experts across financial services, technology, and open source to engage our community in stimulating and thought-provoking conversations about how to best (and safely) leverage open source software to solve industry challenges.
- Register here
- Riko Eksteen of FINOS member Adaptive is looking to put together a workshop on the topic of building applications using FDC3, especially to help "train engineers and business stakeholders to understand why FDC3 matters, and to realise its potential." If you are interested in learning more, reach out to Riko at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week and please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.