Here's what's happening in the week of October 5th, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, October 5th
Tuesday, October 6th
Wednesday, October 7th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. FINOS [virtual] Meetup. Introduction to TimeBase Community Edition
- Ilya Gorelik, Vice-President, Head of Real Time Computing Lab & Aliaksei Vavilau, Chief Architect, TimeBase at FINOS member EPAM will describe the functional and technical characteristics of TimeBase, a time-series database and streaming system. They will also demonstrate example solution use-cases, built using TimeBase.
- Register Here
- 3pm ET / 8pm BST. Fostering an Open Environment for Developers in a Regulated Industry
- Join this complimentary webinar hosted by the Linux Foundation and sponsored by FINOS member Capital One. John Mark Walker, Director, Open Source Program Office and SDLC, will discuss how Capital One accelerated its cloud-first vision while balancing developers’ open source needs with regulatory requirements. Darien Ford, Senior Director of Software Engineering, will share some of Capital One’s best practices in open source container management.
- Register here for free
Thursday, October 8th
Friday, October 9th
- No project meetings planned.
- October 20 OpenUK Awards
- The First Edition of the OpenUK Awards is being held on 20 October 2020, online, 6pm and celebrates Open Technology, being Open Source Software, Open Source hardware and Open Data with 6 Awards.
- November 4-6 Open Core Summit Digital
- The Second Annual Global COSS (Commercial Open-Source) Ecosystem Conference: join this year from the comfort of your home, online! FINOS Executive Director Gabriele Columbro will be speaking at this event.
- Register here for free
- November 12-13 Open Source Strategy Forum
- Open Source Strategy Forum (OSSF) is the only conference dedicated to driving collaboration and innovation in financial services through open source software and standards. We bring together experts across financial services, technology, and open source to engage our community in stimulating and thought-provoking conversations about how to best (and safely) leverage open source software to solve industry challenges.
- Register here
Have a great week and please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and especially if you would like to present at a future FINOS virtual meetup.