This week is our Open Source in Finance (OSFF) conference, taking place on November 1st. We have a packed agenda for the week, not only the day of the conference but also leading up to it including our first NYC Big Boost Mondays event tonight, virtual presentation videos from speakers, various FINOS project meetings and much more! Read more here and plan for the week ahead!
The FINOS Common Cloud Controls (CCC), a set of open standards that describes consistent controls for compliant cloud deployments in the financial services sector, is now open sourced! The launch was announced last week during a panel at Money 20/20 in Las Vegas, featuring speakers from FINOS, Google Cloud, Goldman Sachs and BMO. Learn more about FINOS CCC in a keynote at OSFF.
We have two recent podcast episodes for you to enjoy. Listen to our COO, Jane Gavronsky sit down with Adrian Dale of ISLA and David Shone of ISDA to discuss the FINOS Common Domain Model (CDM). Also, check out our Director of Marketing Grizz Griswold and Jon Gottfried, Co-Founder of Major League Hacking talk about hackathons in finance and developer/engineering talent.
Embarking on your open source journey? Explore essential insights in "5 Lessons for Organizations Starting Their Open Source Contribution Journeys" by Andy Smith of Discover Financial Services.
Discover Cloud Efficiency! Dive into the blog post, "Optimizing Cloud Efficiency for FinServ Enterprises with FinOps" by Suha Shim and Andrew Nhem of FinOps Foundation.
WEEK OF 30 October - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of October 30, 2023 in the FINOS community:
Tuesday, October 31
Thursday, November 2
- October 30 - Big Boost Mondays NYC
- Join us for the first NYC edition of our tech and DEI meetup with speakers from Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and FINOS. View the event details.
- October 30 - #ACCELERATERegTechGlobal
- Join the RegTech Association in New York for an event that will bring policy, supervisory, innovation, risk leaders and technologists together to discuss challenges and opportunities in a safe space. Their new format, provides the platform for bit sized opportunity for our community to engage, and is designed to champion the acceleration of adoption of RegTech. Register here.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum - NYC
- November 6 - Windy City Tech Connect
- Headed to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in Chicago this November? Make sure you check out the Windy City Tech Connect Nov. 6 at 5:30 p.m. CT, hosted by member organization Discover Financial Services. The event will highlight some of the ways that Chicago has become one of the world’s most diverse and hardest working tech hubs. Check out the details.
- November 16 - Aeron Community Meetup: Autumn Roadshow
- This event series in London, New York, and Chicago is designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications. Read more details here.
Please forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.
FINOS Community Managers