Last week we were delighted to announce the addition of twelve new FINOS members. The continued expansion of FINOS members, ranging from established financial institutions to fintechs, showcases the transformative power of open source within the financial services industry. Meet the new members in person at our Open Source in Finance Forum (OSFF), on November 1st in NYC.
Tomorrow, join us at Money 20/20 USA in Las Vegas on October 24th for an insightful panel discussion: Clear Skies Ahead: Solving Cloud Migration Issues Through Open Source. Our Executive Director Gabriele Columbro along with other experts will discuss the FINOS Common Cloud Controls project, uniting industry leaders to develop a unified set of cybersecurity controls to address the critical issues of cybersecurity and the looming risk of cloud concentration. Register here.
Interested in open source development in Europe? Listen to Gab discuss the potential impact of the Cyber Resilience Act on the open source community in an interview from the Open Source Summit in Spain with the New Stack.
Discover the latest insights from the Open Source Readiness SIG in a recent blog post by Rob Moffat. Rob discusses progress on the Open Source in Contribution Course and the Financial Services Open Source Developer Exam.
Headed to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in Chicago this November? Make sure you check out the Windy City Tech Connect on November 6th, hosted by FINOS member organization Discover Financial Services. The event will highlight some of the ways that Chicago has become one of the world’s most diverse and hardest working tech hubs. Click here to RSVP for the event.
WEEK OF 23 October - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of October 23, 2023 in the FINOS community:
Tuesday, October 24Wednesday, October 25
Thursday, October 26
- October 22-25 - Money 20/20 USA
- This year's Money 20/20 in Las Vegas will focus on stories told through four distinct lenses - vulnerability, defense and offense, chain reactions, and experiences. View the full agenda and register.
- October 30 - Big Boost Mondays NYC
- Join us for the first NYC edition of our tech and DEI meetup with speakers from Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and FINOS. View the event details.
- October 30 - #ACCELERATERegTechGlobal
- Join the RegTech Association in New York for an event that will bring policy, supervisory, innovation, risk leaders and technologists together to discuss challenges and opportunities in a safe space. Their new format, provides the platform for bit sized opportunity for our community to engage, and is designed to champion the acceleration of adoption of RegTech. Register here.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum - NYC
- November 6 - Windy City Tech Connect
- Headed to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in Chicago this November? Make sure you check out the Windy City Tech Connect Nov. 6 at 5:30 p.m. CT, hosted by member organization Discover Financial Services. The event will highlight some of the ways that Chicago has become one of the world’s most diverse and hardest working tech hubs. Check out the details.
- November 16 - Aeron Community Meetup: Autumn Roadshow
- This event series in London, New York, and Chicago is designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications. Read more details here.
Please forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.
FINOS Community Managers