Here's what's happening in the week of May 11th, 2020 within the FINOS community. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. Open Source Readiness Project: Guest Presentation
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. FINOS [virtual] Meetup: Stephen Murphy, CEO of new FINOS member Genesis
- Topic: Open Source Technology to build and constantly evolve a Low Code Application Platform
- Genesis will be presenting how they used a variety of Open Source technologies to build a Low Code Application Platform (LCAP) for Capital Markets and some key Open Source technologies used within their LCAP. They will also talk about some of the future Open Source technologies as well as FINOS initiatives that they are contributing towards to help drive standards and re-use across our industry.
- Register here
Thursday, May 14th
- No project meetings scheduled.
FINOS [virtual] Meetups:
Wednesday, May 20th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. Kris West & Ian Mesner of ChartIQ
- Topic: How to Secure the Electron Container for Capital Markets
- Smart desktop technology is changing the way we work, but bringing web technology to the desktop creates security issues that must be mitigated. In this webinar, our Director of Solutions Engineering Kris West and Chief Architect Ian Mesner discuss everything the architecture of desktop interoperability involves.
Join us as we outline the steps we took to secure our smart desktop platform, Finsemble, and highlight the use of our Secure Electron Adapter (now available as a FINOS open source project).
- Register here
- May 27: Open Source Readiness Project: Guest Presentation
- Speaker: Jeff Bates, ProdOps Manager, Google
- Topic: Jeff will present a retrospective of Google's open source efforts over the last 10 years, including how the company has managed its regulatory obligations in its open source efforts.
- May 22 Open Collective Virtual Funding Q2 Event
- Join Indeed, the Open Source Collective, and others as we come together at the first FOSS Responders Virtual Funding Event.
- The Virtual FOSS Responders Funding Event is designed to help support the open source community through this critical time. Conference cancellations have caused financial loss, unmet fundraising trajectories, and missed business opportunities. Now is the time to participate in the sustainability of open software organizations. Now is the time to be a part of its survival.
- If you are a conference or event organizer who serves the free and open source software community, and you have experienced financial losses due to COVID-19 related conference cancellations, please apply for support
- October 16 Empire Startups NY Fintech Conference
- New World Stages, 340 W 50th St, New York, NY 10019 [Map]
- September 30 - October 2 Boston Fintech Week
- Boston, MA. Venue TBD.