We hope you're well and staying safe in a rapidly changing world. As we all adapt to new styles of working, the FINOS team has come together to organise a new series of webinars, starting early April, designed to bring the entire FINOS community together around the foundation's shared open source values. Keep posted for webinar details as they become available.
This week we're delighted to welcome Adaptive, Genesis and ITAU as new FINOS members and look forward to meeting you as part of the FINOS community as you step into FINOS open source projects.
This Week At FINOS
- No programs activities planned.
- 10am ET / 2pm GMT. Plexus Desktop Interop API Project (Plexus Program)
- 1pm ET / 5pm BST. FINOS Office Hours
- A place for all FINOS members and contributors to hang out and ask us anything
- Join the Community Webex
- March 26 FINOS NYC Meetup
- Now running as webinars.
- Details coming soon.
Finally, we recognize that this is a difficult time for everyone. Many of us may be feeling overwhelmed juggling our work and home responsibilities. For example, those of us who now have to homeschool our kids in lockdown whilst working with remote teams.
Nonetheless you might feel the desire to spend an hour here or there directing pent up energy volunteering and providing mutual aid. Some of our team have experience in previous efforts to use open source software and practices in volunteer and recovery efforts such as those related to Hurricane Sandy in NYC in 2012 and both Harvey in Houston and Irma in Florida in 2017.
In a similar way, technologists and other volunteers are mobilizing now to assist with the COVID-19 response. All of these efforts are ground in open source, either directly or indirectly.
We’ve provided some useful links below for those wanting to find out more:
- Share your skills, experiences, and interests at http://www.disastertechcorps.org/ to be matched with opportunities to help
- Join the Slack Team created amongst communities of volunteers and technologists working on ideas to support people needing covid-19 help
- FOSS Responders Github
- Find and add resources, ideas, and projects to the crowd sourcing initiatives below:
Please everyone, be safe, wash your hands and practice safe social distancing.