We were thrilled last week to announce the formation of the Common Cloud Controls Project. In collaboration with Citi and supported by more than 20 FINOS member firms, the project aims to establish consistent controls for compliant public cloud deployments in the financial services sector. If you're a FINOS member and wish to get involved, complete the form. For those who aren't FINOS members yet, we encourage you to consider applying for membership here. To learn more, check out the press release.
Last chance to have your say in the State of Open Source in Financial Services survey. If you work in financial services and are familiar with your organization's open source approach, we value your input. Make sure to complete the survey before it closes on August 5th. The survey results will be unveiled at the Open Source in Finance Forum in November.
In case you missed it, read our latest blog on Open Source Readiness highlighting our new course 'Open Source Contribution in Finance'. This course is designed to train developers on the best practices for contributing to open source within their roles.
WEEK OF 31 july - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of July 31, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Tuesday, August 1
Wednesday, August 2
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Open Source Readiness SIG
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - DEI SIG
Thursday, August 3
- August 2 - Open Source London
- Our August meetup in partnership with Scott Logic will be hosted at NatWest's Bishopsgate offices in London and will focus AI and open source, and the opportunities and challenges of harnessing AI's business potential. Register here.
- August 9 - FINOS Q3 All Community Call
- Join Gabriele Columbro, FINOS Executive Director, and the FINOS team for FINOS Q3 Governing Board updates and a view of what's happening in FINOS throughout 2023. Register for the virtual call here.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum - NYC
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.