Here's what's happening during the week of April 17, 2023 within the FINOS community.
Join us May 1st through May 4th for what is turning into FINOS Week NYC!
Don't miss out on the May 1st OSinFinance Meetup: FINOS Strategic Initiatives Open House - seating is limited! Join us to discover how you can contribute to and reap the rewards of FINOS' strategic initiatives on open regulation, open source readiness, and desktop interoperability (FDC3). Register now to secure your spot.
Plus, we have registration news about two hackathons for you this week - one in NYC and one virtual.
Early bird registration for our Interoperability and Regtech Hackathon in NYC at the Bank of Montreal closes TODAY! If you sign up now you'll receive free event swag. The hackathon is on May 3rd and 4th, for further information, explore the use-cases here.
Registration for our virtual Global Accessibility Awareness Day Hackathon closes this Friday, April 21st! The purpose of this hackathon is to promote the design of accessible and inclusive digital and physical financial assets and tools. Teams of 1-4 will work over 2.5 weeks to develop end to end solutions centered around accessibility. View prizes, time line, and details here.
WEEK OF 17 april - MEETINGS
Here's what's happening during the week of April 17, 2023 in the FINOS community.
Monday, April 17
- 9.30am ET / 2.30pm BST - kdb+
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - InnerSource SIG
Tuesday, April 18
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Common Domain Model: Contribution Review
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - DevOps Automation: Automated Change Depoloyment
- 9am ET / 2pm BST - Open Source Readiness SIG: Checkpoint
- 10am ET / 3pm BST - Compliant Financial Infrastructure: Policy
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - Legend Office Hours
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - FDC3: Web Browsers
- 11am ET / 4pm BST - Morphir
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST - DevOps Automation SIG
- April 20 - CNCF's CTO Summit
- CNCF’s CTO Summit is a must-attend event for cloud native leaders looking to stay at the forefront of the industry. CNCF is partnering with FinOps Foundation on this summit’s topic of FinOps: Building a Culture of Cost Management in Amsterdam. Attendance form available here.
- April 24 - Big Boost Mondays - London
- Join us for our next "Big Boost Mondays" event at Red Badger in London! We will be announcing our guests speakers soon. Register here.
- April 24 - May 18 - Global Accessibility Awareness Day Hackathon
- Join us and Discover Financial Services for a virtual hackathon to promote the design of accessibly inclusive digital and physical financial assets and tools. Express interest in participation here.
- April 26 - Open Source London
- We're delighted to be holding our first in-person Open Source London event of 2023 in partnership with Scott Logic at Nomura, who have kindly offered to host the event! Read about the speakers here and register.
- April 26-27 - #ACCELERATERegTech2023
- Attend this virtual and in person event in Sydney with The RegTech Association (RTA), a global non-profit body committed to creating a global centre of excellence and accelerating the adoption of RegTech. Explore attendance options and schedule here.
- May 1 - FINOS Open Source in Finance Meetup - FINOS Strategic Initiative Open House NYC
- Don't miss out on the May 1st OSinFinance Meetup: FINOS Strategic Initiatives Open House! Join us to discover how you can contribute to and reap the rewards of FINOS' strategic initiatives on open regulation, open source readiness, and desktop interoperability (FDC3). Register here to attend.
- May 3-4 - FINOS Interoperability & Regtech Hackathon
- Explore use cases and information on our first FINOS in-person Hackathon May 3-4, at the BMO (Bank of Montreal) offices in New York City. Register for the hackathon here.
- May 17 - Aeron Community Meetup - Chicago
- Designed for Aeron users, contributors or just anyone interested in the latest developments in high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant applications! Come along, hear about new features and enjoy some drinks and nibbles in Chicago. Learn more about this meetup.
- June 14-15 - FINOS Member Meeting London
- You won’t want to miss the special member-only sessions where we'll dive deep into our key initiatives for 2023 at J.P. Morgan Chase - Embankment, London. We'll also have some public events that you'll want to check out! This is the perfect opportunity to connect with other members of FINOS and stay up to date on all the latest news and trends. Hurry, there’s limited space available per member! Register now and stay tuned for further details.
- November 1 - Open Source in Finance Forum NYC
- We would like to invite member companies to sponsor this year’s Open Source in Finance Forum, on November 1st in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square NYC. This year, we have added value to our sponsorships to help members engage with the FINOS community throughout the entire year, not just for one day. To learn more about sponsoring OSFF, view the prospectus here. Members get a 20-30% discount on sponsoring the conference! Register interest here.
Please forward this blog to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Have a great week and please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual Meetup or podcast.