Here's what's happening during the week of April 11, 2022 within the FINOS community.
The official Open Source in Finance Forum London Call for Papers ended yesterday. Since you are family (FINOS Community), if you missed the deadline and want to submit a talk for the July conference - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know (very soon).
If you would like to attend OSFF on 13 July - Register Here.
Remember, FINOS Member Employees attend for free, but Gold and Silver members have limited passes available. We're sending out discount codes to our member POC's - but if you would like to attend - email us at email@example.com.
Also, if you are in London on Wednesday the 20th of April, join the FINOS team and community for our second in-person Open Source in Finance meetup of 2022. Hear talks from David Watkins and Jessica Woodland-Scott from the Waltz open source team as they introduce the project, the evolution of Waltz, and what it's like to be open source contributors in banking. If you are unable to attend in-person, we will be broadcasting the meetup presentations via Zoom, but you still must register for the meetup to access the live-steamed event.
FINOS is excited to announce “Open implementation of the FDC3 standard using Electron and an integrated App Directory” has been proposed on the FINOS Community repo for your comments and feedback.
(You may have noticed a change in format on This Week at FINOS (TWAF) - we're trying to streamline our communications some to be of more value to our community. If you any have thoughts how we can continue to make this TWAF more readable and valuable to you - our Community - please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!)
WEEK OF 11 APRIL - MEETINGS & EVENTS
Here's what's happening during the week of April 11th, 2022 in the FINOS community.
Please forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.
Monday, April 11th
- 9:30am ET / 2:30pm BST KDB Project call
- 11am ET / 4pm BST FINOS InnerSource Special Interest Group
Tuesday, April 12th
- 10am ET / 3pm BST Currency Ref. Data Project
Wednesday, April 13th
- 11am ET / 4pm BST FINOS Office Hours - Your FINOS Questions Answered
Thursday, April 14th
- 9am ET / 2pm BST FDC3 Context Data & Intents Discussion Group
- At the FDC3 Use Cases Roundtable London, participants agreed that the FDC3 lexicon needs to be expanded, both with additional intents and context types to support Use Cases, but also to include more primitive data types in order to construct complex types. A number of participants also agreed that now is an appropriate time to expand the Lexicon.
- This group is being convened to discuss and arrange work to contribute further Context types and Intents to support Use Cases being implemented by participants.
- Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda
- No project or SIG meetings planned for today.
- April 20 - 630pm BST / 130pm ET FINOS Open Source in Finance Hybrid London Meetup
- Register for online or in-person
- Space is limited - so you must register to attend
- The meetup will be around the FINOS Waltz Project - more details to follow
- April 28 - 6pm BST / 1pm ET KPMG Present: Financial Markers Low-Code / No-Code Innovation
- Location: KPMG Ireland Harbourmaster Place - Platform X
- KPMG will be hosting an evening of Low & No-Code showcase at their brand new Dublin Innovation Hub - Platform X.
- An in-person event showcasing the latest innovation and solutions of low-code / no-code and how the technology helps financial firms with regulation, transformation and collaboration.
- May 4 - 11am ET / 4pm BST FINOS All Community Call - Q2 2022
- May 4 2022 - Join us for our quarterly "All Community Call" where the FINOS team and community will provide updates on what's been happening within the Foundation as well as what's coming up.
- Presenters include Gabriele Columbro, FINOS Executive Director, the FINOS team and FINOS maintainers from the wider FINOS Community.
- During the call you'll hear feedback from the FINOS 2022 Q2 FINOS Governing Board meeting, plus updates from the following FINOS Projects and SIGs
State of Open Source in Financial Services Report 2021 - Learn about what is really happening around open source in FSI.
This Week at FINOS Blog - See what is happening at FINOS each week.
FINOS Landscape - See our landscape of FINOS open source and open standard projects.
Community Calendar - Scroll through the calendar to find a meeting to join.
FINOS Slack Channels - The FINOS Slack provides our Community another public channel to discuss work in FINOS and open source in finance more generally.
Project Status Dashboard - See a live snapshot of our community contributors and activity.
FINOS Virtual "Meetups" Videos & Slides - See replays of our virtual "meetups" based around the FINOS Community and Projects since we can't all be in the same room right now.
FINOS Open Source in Finance Podcasts - Listen and subscribe to the first open source in fintech and banking podcasts for deeper dives on our virtual "meetup" and other topics.