FINOS MONTHLY UPDATE
21 december 2023
London: June 26 2024 (1 Day Conference) - Prospectus Coming Soon
New York: Sept 30 & Oct 1 (1.5 Day Conference) - View Prospectus
Take advantage of exclusive benefits as a FINOS member! Enjoy discounted sponsor rates and even greater savings when you sponsor both conferences.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form for more information. Watch the sessions from our most recent OSFF in NYC and read the post-event report here. Stay tuned for more updates!
Exciting news! The beta period for the FINOS Financial Services Open Source Developer (FSOSD) certification, has been extended until January 4th. Read more and find instructions on how to participate in the beta in our latest blog post.
We recently announced in partnership with ISLA, ICMA and ISDA the launch of version 5.0 of the FINOS Common Domain Model. Learn more in the press release. To get involved with the CDM project, please contact us or join any of the upcoming FINOS working groups.
We're delighted to introduce our newest team member, Karl Moll. Karl's introduction to FINOS started while working at Symphony between 2017 and 2021, where he interacted with many FINOS members as an API Support Engineer, Platform Solutions Engineer, and Developer Community Advocate. Learn more about Karl by tuning into our latest podcast episode where he shared his experience. Connect with Karl on LinkedIn.
- LF Open Source Summit, Japan - Watch the keynote from FINOS COO, Jane Gavronsky
- AI.dev + Cassandra Summit - Watch the keynote from FINOS ED, Gabriele Columbro
- Project news: TraderX is now contributed to FINOS and hosted in github here
- NatWest Group won the 2023 OpenUK Finance Award for their contribution to the FINOS FDC3 ecosystem. Join the project and learn more
- COP28 in Dubai: LF + FINOS ED Gabriele Columbro discussed open source for climate goals
- Q4 All Community Call Recording and Slides
- Congratulations to the FINOS Community Award Winners
- FINOS Annual Report and Training Certifications
- FINOS Announces FDC3 2.1 Version and Learning Offerings as the Standard Grows in Adoption and Talent Demand Soars
- Learn about the FDC3 training courses from the recent FDC3 general meeting
- Open Source Readiness blog posts:
- Podcast episode: Alex Lakatos, CTO at Interledger Foundation
- Podcast episode: Jon Gottfried, Co-Founder of Major League Hacking
January 25: Join us at the Open Source meetup, hosted in partnership with Scott Logic at the LSEG offices. Engage in discussions on topics ranging from AI to Open Source, featuring speakers from LSEG, NatWest, ControlPlane and more. View the details and register now.
January 29: Come along to the first Canada edition of our tech and DEI meetup, hosted by RBC. Register here and stay tuned for speaker announcements.
April 3-4: Take part in this 2-day virtual event where you will have the chance to use your technical skills and work as a team to make a positive impact on the Autism community. Find more information and register here.
FINOS Good First Issues - Looking for a place to contribute? Take a look at good first issues across FINOS projects and get your feet wet in the FINOS community.
State of Open Source in Financial Services Report 2023 - Learn about what is really happening around open source in FSI.
This Week at FINOS Blog - See what is happening at FINOS each week and if you'd like to subscribe to the email, please send a note to email@example.com and you'll be added to the mailing list.
FINOS Landscape - See our landscape of FINOS open source and open standard projects.
Community Calendar - Scroll through the calendar to find a meeting to join.
FINOS Slack Channels - The FINOS Slack provides our Community another public channel to discuss work in FINOS and open source in finance more generally.
Project Status Dashboard - See a live snapshot of our community contributors and activity.
FINOS Open Source in Finance Podcasts - Subscribe and listen to the first open source in financial services and banking podcast for deeper dives on our virtual "Meetup" and other topics.
Interested in FINOS open source projects? Click the link below to see how to get involved in the FINOS Community.