Here's what's happening in the week of November 4, 2019 within the FINOS community.
Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues and industry partners who you think will be interested in FINOS. If someone forwarded this email to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a note to community+subscribe@finos.Monday November 4th
org and you'll be added to the mailing list.
- No program activities planned.
Tuesday, November 5th
Wednesday, November 6th
Thursday, November 7th
Friday, November 8th
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST FINOS Office Hours (new!)
- A place for all FINOS members and contributors to hang out and ask us anything.
- Join the Community WebEx
- November 11-13 FinTech Talents
- Printworks London, Surrey Quays Rd, Rotherhithe, London SE16 7PJ [Map]
- November 13 TABB Group - FinTech Festival 2019
- November 16 New Technologies in Finance
- Alfred Lerner Hall, Columbia University, 2920 Broadway, Room 555 New York, NY 10027 [Map]
- November 16 Google DevFest London
- November 19 Benzinga Fintech Awards
- November 20 FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum (OSSF)
- November 28 React London - Bring Your Own Project - Banking and FinTech Themed
- Fora Spitalfields, 35-41 Folgate Street, E1 6BX [Map]
- December 9 Open Fintech (linux foundation)
- Convene Conference Center at One Liberty Plaza, 1 Liberty Street New York NY 10006 [Map]
Get Involved. Opportunities for further participation and contribution:
- The Decentralized Ecosystem Growth Program is looking for suggested potential use cases of the Token Taxonomy Initiative (i.e. uses of standardized token definitions) to help that program further evaluate how the FINOS community might get involved in that initiative.Take a look at the initiative's launch press release and website for more information and background. To find out more send a note to email@example.com.
- ChartIQ has announced its intent to contribute its "Secure Electron Adaptor". Review and provide and feedback directly in JIRA on CONTRIB-52. Into which program this contribution would come is still TBD; one possibility is Plexus.
- The Financial Objects Program is looking for suggestions of proposed use cases for financial objects. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Open Source Readiness WG is looking for open source process, policy, and governance questions & topics for future meetings. Send suggestions to email@example.com.
- The Security Reference Data WG (Data Technologies Program) is looking for existing challenges related to managing Security Reference Data. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cloud Service Certification Project has defined Volunteer Roles for those who would like to participate. Reach out to fdx-cloud-service-
email@example.com you're interested.
- The Call Metadata Standardization WG is developing a standard proposal for call recording metadata that includes call details, voice recordings, and transcribed voice, and is looking for contributors and call examples to validate the standard. Check out the list of Help Wanted issues.