First things first ... Run, don't walk, to check out this week's podcast from The Changelog, "Maintainer spotlight! Ned Batchelder". Chock-full of great stuff about building an open source community and being a maintainer of an open source project -- one great quote: "Making contribution successful takes a lot of people skills".
Here's what’s happening the week of July 1st, 2019 within and around the FINOS community:
Monday July 1st
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. kdb+ WG call (Data Technologies Program)
Tuesday, July 2nd
- 12am ET / 5pm BST. FDX PMC Meeting (Financial Delivery Accelerator Program)
Wednesday, July 3rd
- 10am ET / 3pm BST. Open Source Readiness WG Meeting (Open Source Readiness Program)
- 11am ET / 4pm BST. FDC3 App Directory WG Meeting (FDC3 Program)
- 12pm ET / 5pm BST. ODP WG Meeting (Financial Delivery Accelerator Program)
Thursday, July 4th
- US Holiday. No Program Activities planned.
- 6pm BST London Fintech Week (Day 1 of 6)
- Various events around London. Main event at 133 Houndsditch, London [Map]
Friday, July 5th
- No Program Activities planned.
- July 24 Banking On Blockchain: Exploring Decentralization
- Note: Looking for location in NYC; Message organizer (BlockchainNYC.org) if your org is interested in hosting
- August 6 Two Sigma Open Source Meetup
- 101 Avenue of the Americas (6th ave between Watt and Grand), 23rd floor, NY [Map]
- October 13-15 All Things Open
- Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601 [Map]
- Early November FINOS Open Source Strategy Forum
Opportunities for further participation and contribution.
- The Financial Objects Program is looking for suggestions of proposed use cases for financial objects. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Open Source Readiness Working Group is looking for open source process, policy, and governance questions & topics for future meetings. Send suggestions to email@example.com