The Open Source Readiness SIG has been working hard this year and we’re excited to bring you important updates on the FINOS Financial Services Open Source Developer (FSOSD) certification. Announced in beta on November 1st at the Open Source in Finance Forum in NYC, the certification has been a collaborative effort, and we want to thank everyone who participated in the beta so far.
Your involvement is crucial to ensure we get the exam right. However, the original beta period was a bit too short and many people were unable to get involved.
So, good news! We've been working with the Linux Foundation, and we've successfully extended the beta until 4th January!
How to Get Involved:
- Book and Schedule: You now have until January 4th to book and schedule your exam. Read the how-to instructions carefully.
- Pricing: While the exam will be priced at $250 upon official release, beta participants have an opportunity to get this certification for free!
- Coupon Code: Use the code: FSOSD-BETA-2023 when you checkout. Hurry, your code will expire on January 4th, 2024 at midnight UTC (5pm PDT)
Tips for Success:
- Timings: Exam slots are first come first served basis. We encourage you to schedule at the first opportunity to secure an exam slot.
- Revision: If you want to do some revision, we suggest checking out LFD137 - Open Source Contribution in Finance (our free course).
- Feedback: Share your thoughts in the survey at the end of the exam. Your insights help us refine the certification.
Important Exam Details:
FSOSD-BETA is a remotely proctored, online exam consisting of a set of 125 multiple-choice questions. Please review important exam details including exam Domains and Competencies, Important Instructions, and the Candidate Handbook.
If you have any questions or are having issues with anything, please reach out to email@example.com.
Take the beta now and you will also receive a free FINOS T-shirt on completion.
Interested in this FINOS open source project, or any of our other projects? Click the link below to see how to get involved in the FINOS Community.